A crown is a covering that is placed over a tooth and held in place by dental adhesive or cement.
Crowns are used for several reasons such as:
- A protective cover for badly decayed teeth or fractured teeth
- As a permanent restoration for teeth with large fillings
- To correct crowding or spacing and irregular shaped teeth
- Or severe discolouration
Free information pack
Download a free information pack
- The costs and lowest price alternatives
- Your options and choices for treatment
- Are you suitable for treatment?
- Can dental implants be used as an alternative to root canal treatment?
- What happens if you smoke?
- How many implants might you need?
We can advise you if a crown is the best long term solution.
Crowns can be made from a variety of materials. They can be made from ceramic, plastic or metal alloys. A combination of ceramic and metal is also commonly used.
Common dental crown materials include:
- Metal / Cobalt-Cromium (silver colour)
- Ceramic with metal substructure
- All Ceramic crowns - Pressed ceramic - eMAX with feldspathic porcelain.
- All Ceramic crowns - full zirconia or zirconia reinforced crowns
- Full Gold Crown - minimum 60% gold alloy
All ceramic crowns will produce the most natural finish and so the aesthetic crown of choice.
For a more information about dental crowns, book a consultation with our skilled dentists at Mount Road Dental Surgery. Simply call 020 8397 3344 or fill in the form below.
Dental Bridges in Chessington, Surrey
Bridges are designed to fill gaps of missing teeth.
They are a fixed appliance, meaning only your dentist can remove them. The can help to restore your appearance and improve chewing function. Bridges can also help your speech and prevent your other teeth to drift out of their position.
Bridges attach on to your existing teeth adjacent to the space as support. Bridges are usually made from a precious metal base which porcelain can be bonded to for aesthetics. Fully porcelain bridges.
For a more information about dental bridges, book a consultation with our skilled dentists at Mount Road Dental Surgery. Simply call 020 8397 3344 or fill in the form below.